Sunday, January 31, 2010

January's Failed Goals

Well, I hoped to average a blog post per day through 2010. As January ends I'm behind.

I've been doing a lot of computer work on my math slides, Smiley photos and videos, and role-playing game (mostly the math slides). This uses all of my computer time during the day, and reduces how much I am in the mood to do other typing at the end of the day.

Normally have no draft blog posts: I have an idea or two in my head and eventually write the entire blog post. But I currently have a dozen drafts waiting for me to finish them; I have typed out an outline of something fun to share but decided to postpone the rest of the writing.


I'm trying to shift to an earlier schedule and go running in the mornings (at least M-W-F when I do not teach at LCC in the mornings). Unless it's raining: without a running partner I lack the motivation to get that wet. And I sometimes lack the motivation even without rain. 6:30am is dark and early!

The first week of January I did no running. The second week I ran once. The third and fourth weeks I ran twice. This week I ran Sunday morning so I am off to my best start yet.

But last week I woke up three times at 5:30am for no apparent reason and could not fall back asleep. Only one of those mornings I ran: with more willpower I could have run four times last week.

Here's to a new month with more running and better keeping in touch!

No comments: