Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Fidelity's Free Investment Searches

Wondering what to invest?

(We probably should be.  The market is down now, but November's election news will probably restore some business confidence.  This month will likely be a good time for the "buy low" half of that saying.)

Fidelity offers nice searches to find proven funds and industry favorite stocks.

The links above use my personal, favorite criteria.  I like funds that are well-rated by Morningstar, have demonstrated sound ten-year growth, and a low expense ratio.  For stocks, I simply picked what I consider the most meaningful measurement of return (both 3- and 5-year annualized), profit (profit margin), earnings (yield), growth (5-year book value growth), value (price per cash flow ratio), and flexibility (cash on hand).  I also make the chart list industry and company size but not in a manner that affects the search.

Enjoy fiddling with a big database!

No comments: