Friday, December 26, 2014

My New Weight Gain Program

(Just a small post to test whether I have successfully connected my blog to Google+.)

For many of my small Chanukah presents, my wife gave me some pieces of toffee.  Specifically, Trader Joe's English Toffee with Nuts.


Wrapping them five or six at a time was a kindness.  I could eat three or four, and share one with each boy.

The toffee has 200 calories per three-piece serving.  There are 23 servings per tin.  That's 4,600 calories if she instead gave me the entire thing as a present!

By the way, for $8.99 that works out to 511 calories per dollar.  That's the same as Tilamook Monterey Jack or canned black beans at Costco.

Now what should I do with the rest of the tin's toffees?  Chanukah is over and although they are delicious I do not really want to keep eating them.

For those who are curious, the cheapest calories I have shopped for at Costco were Quaker oats (2,460 calories per dollar), peanut butter (1,906 calories per dollar), and brown rice (1,483 calories per dollar).

No comments: