Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Drilling

Today I did a lot of drilling.

Whomever built our house only used nails to attach the metal support-pillars in the middle of the garage to the big wooden beams above them! Even though this has been sufficient for 50 years it needs fixing! In some cases the four holes in at the top of each pillar were positioned and I could simply replace the nails with 3/8" screws. But when new holes were needed I did some drilling. Slow...

I also installed our new fire safe. Something seem odd, when the first instruction for using a new safe is to drill holes through it. And that was surprisingly easy. Moreover, thanks to a super-drill-thing I borrowed from a friend, drilling the holes in the cement to mount the safe was only a matter of seconds.

Too bad I don't have more concrete that needs holes drilled into it. Faster than a hot knife through butter...