Monday, August 16, 2010

Not New Not-Shoes

So, how are my MBT sandals working out since I got them in mid-June?

They continue to be comfortable and a benefit to posture.  Surprisingly, they also make good swing dancing footwear.

I had hoped that once they trained me to minimize heel strike this walking habit would transfer to when I wear other shoes.  This took two months, but has definitely happened. (From what I have read, the Skechers Shape-Ups and Reebok EasyTones are less effective at training people to walk with minimal heel strike.)

They are sometimes advertised as helping weight loss as well as posture, but I have not noticed any difference with how much exercise it is to walk while wearing them.  Standing is more fun because I can rock slightly.

I did find out that I could have saved quite a bit of money by shopping at FootwearEtc, where the MBTs cost only what the Shape-Ups and EasyTones normally cost.

Finally, being slightly taller has been interesting.  For example, as someone slightly below average male height, I had never realized that my bathroom counter was designed for someone an inch or two taller than me.

No comments: