Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tenth Anniversary

I won't be blogging again until Friday (at least). My wife and I are leaving for a few days of vacation to celebrate our tenth anniversary.

We'll be camping near Portland at Milo McIver and Champoeg state parks.

In Portland we'll visit Powell's Bookstore, the Science Museum, the Art Museum, the Zoo, and the Rose Garden. (Can you tell Portland has a city-wide attractions pass on sale?)

I'll have my cell phone with me, but it will not be on all the time.

Happy Rosh Chodesh!

UPDATES:
Camping in a yurt is nice. Having a table and bed inside an enclosed area means you can alternate between reading in bed and snacking at a table without having to expose yourself to mosquitoes.

We wound up not seeing the IMAX movie, but additionally seeing the Japanese and Chinese gardens. At the latter's gift shop, my wife got me a kit with a book about basic Chinese brush painting and the basic supplies. I have not had time to try this yet, but am looking forward to it very much.