Monday, June 06, 2005

Warm Chores

Today I get a treat. Not only do I have time to bake cookies, but I get to re-read my first novel and do some work towards (God willing) getting it published. Such work has been on the back burner for too long.

It was with some trepidation that I re-read the first few chapters last night before bed. It had been over a year since I had looked at the story. How would it seem, especially following some recent free-time novel reading by famous and worthy authors?

I notice a few typos. I notice one paragraph that needs rewording. But mostly I am astounded. I typed that? I remember well that year of novel writing, being guided by God and usually unsure in my mind what to write but I pray and start typing and...the novel came forth. It was amazing then, and is amazing today.

I also have other ministry work and housework to do, so no nap today.