Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sudoku and Horse Stance

A while ago I linked to my PDA version of Sudoku. I'm still enjoying it a few times a week. For example, it's a good thing to have with me while I am waiting after an allergy shot.

Two nights ago I had an idea. My Tai Chi would improve if I practice standing in a low Horse Stance more. Perhaps if I played Sudoku on my PDA while in Horse Stance, I would be able to stay in the stance longer because I was distracted.

This worked a little. On "Easy" level my game took 4 minutes and 36 seconds to finish, and a few times I had to pause the game (turn off the PDA) and stand up, to give my legs a break. But it was definitely more interesting than only practicing Horse Stance, and added an interesting bit of urgency to finishing the Sudoku game.