Friday, October 21, 2011

BlendTec - Tomato Broccoli Soup

I have twice mentioned our BlendTec Total Blender.  Time for a recipe!

None of the soups in the blender's included recipe book use any type of canned tomato.  Several include one raw tomato as an ingredient.

I'm not sure I could taste the difference between a soup made with a fresh tomato or canned.  Canned tomato is much less expensive.  So my first lunch mission as the weather cools off is to create a tomato-based soup with canned tomato.  I'll use diced tomato, since that is what we buy at Costco and keep in the garage.

Costco also has affordable fresh broccoli.  Since I like most tomato-broccoli soups, and already have a use for spinach (in my spinach-mango or spinach-raspberry smoothies) the refined mission is to use canned tomato and fresh broccoli.

After one dreadful attempt, here is a nice second version.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can diced tomato
  • 1 cup nearly boiling water
  • 1 clove garlic
  • about 3 cups fresh broccoli, steamed in the microwave
  • a little raw onion

Directions:

Put everything in the blender and blend on "soup".  Garnish with grated cheese and perhaps black pepper.

No comments: