Tonight I finally have a chance to try to get caught up on photographs.
Here is my routine, which mainly uses the gThumb software for Linux:
- copy everything from the digital camera to the portable hard drive
- copy everything from the digital camera to the laptop
- sort the new laptop photographs by month into folders
- delete blurry or inferior-redundant photographs, rotate when needed
- add a caption to the best photographs
- sort by caption and then copy those with a caption to a new folder
- upload that folder to my Picasa albums then delete it
UPDATE: Half done! Now bedtime.
UPDATE: All done! Now I just need to blog about the photographs since December 16th. And finish processing videos, and blog about videos since October.