Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Benadryl and Allegra

For my allergy medicine when I have mild symptoms, I recently switched from loratadine (generic Claratin) to Bendaryl. I started allergy shots. The Benadryl is about the same price, helps my nose the same, and does more to reduce itchiness from the allergy shots.

I recently read that I was fortunate to not be using Allegra. I'm a big juice drinker, and Allegra is only absorbed 20% when taken with apple, orange, or grapefruit juice. (The report, from the Berkeley Wellness Letter, said no other common medications have this incompatibility with juice.)

TANGENT: The Wellness Letter also warned that a sleeping pill, Ambien, can cause sleepwalking in some people. So, how long until college students are slipping each other something that causes sleepwalking?