Friday, October 13, 2006

Lego Star Wars

My wife and I have not bought a new cooperative computer game to play together in a long time. But today I splurged and bought a new one to try. (It was on sale.)

By the way, if you have not seen Revenge of the Brick, here it is (warning: link has sound).

UPDATE: A recent Windows XP update causes a conflict with the game installer. LucasArts had published a fix, but it does not work on all systems. A better fix is here.

UPDATE: The game does not support LAN multiplayer. "Cooperative mode" is when two players share the same computer and play cooperatively. Fortunately, my wife and I have a USB keyboard that make this more comfortable. (The game is a keyboard game, not a keyboard-and-mouse game. The camera position is adjusted automatically by the game as your character moves north/south/east/west, which may drive crazy people used to how a typical FPS functions with the mouse.)

UPDATE: Actually, the game is really a joystick/gamepad game. I remembered I had this in the garage, and it works much better than a keyboard (or keyboard-and-mouse).