Thursday, October 26, 2006

Three Completions

Today has been a rewarding day. I got a lot done, including making up math quizzes for the next few weeks and math PowerPoint slides for next week.

Especially nice was getting three things completed.

I have been busy working on an update of the congregation's prayerbook. Today I finished that project. (This Shabbat everyone will look at the draft and make comments, and then a final draft will be made.)

In my Tai Chi class, we finished learning the Chen 18-move short form. Of course I still must practice a lot to achieve any degree of proficiency, but I know how to do the entire form.

For a long time I was not able to make time to do Tao Te Ching translations at night. Tonight I got three more chapters done, up through chapter 36. This completes "Book One", the first half.

I am grateful to God for energy today! It surely was not from getting enough sleep. When I got home from LCC I thought I might need a nap, but I was able to get a lot more work done.

Now it's time to stop being on the computer and spend time my wife as she is processing garden basil in the kitchen.