Thursday, August 07, 2008

Fixed Hair Links

The internet's Long Hair Community had computer problems and their website was broken for quite a while.

Today I mentioned to someone about the Conditioner Only style of caring for long hair. The main idea is that most modern conditioners contain enough cleansing agents to clean hair while doing so more gently than shampoo. The potential problem is that a conditioner with a silicon product (a "-cone") will coat hair and then not using shampoo will mean that this coating is never removed (leading to very dry hair).

My two posts from last year no longer having working links. So here are replacements.
  • the Conditioner Only wash is introduced and then analyzed
  • a list of "-cones" are in conditioners and how water-soluble they are
Except for the few days each year I fry food ("O Chanukah, O Chanukah...") I have not used shampoo in over a year, and my hair (and my wife) is happy.

UPDATE: There is a new conditioner only washing discussion thread here.

No comments: